SO, as some of you may know, this blog originally started as an assignment for my Mass Communications class at UVU. We were instructed to create a blog that was in some way media related, so of course I opted for something up the “fashion & style” alley. Our professor made the deal that at the end of the semester, the creator of the top-rated blog would be rewarded an automatic A in the class. And guess who won? THIS GIRL. Yes, it’s true! And yay! I was SO excited — still am! It’s definitely something I’ve worked hard on, and though there’s alwaaays room for improvement (which I’m in desperate need of when it comes to consistent posting), I am super proud of myself and excited. On that note, a big THANK YOU to all of you fine people. There’s SO many people that have helped me along this blogging journey so far… Photographers, family, friends, peers, and most importantly, ALL OF YOU! I am so grateful for each and everyone of you and I hope that you stick around and pass on the word to your loved ones.
As far as the adjustment goes, now that my class has come to a close and all of my posts don’t necessarily have to media-related, I want to do a lot more of personal posting and the include all of you in the special things going on in my life. Of course I will continue to post outfits and have my friends and family do guest appearances, BUT generally, this blog will become a little more individualized where y’all can get to know me on a more personal basis. LUCKY YOU!
I’ll give a quick update on my life…
1) I started my new job at vivint, which is a security alarm and home automation company and I LOVE it! I work in Data Entry and it’s a very fast-paced environment with plenty of multitasking going on, which is totally my thing, so obviously, I’m obsessed. The people are great, the company atmosphere is awesome, and there’s no shortage of work. The vivint. systems are top-of-the-line and our company mission is to protect families through security alarms, invite people to live intelligently, and simplify lives through home automation. If you want more information and/or are interested in getting a system, visit http://www.vivint.com/ where you can get in contact with a rep who can get you all set up in your area!
2) My Spring semester came to an end last Tuesday and with that being said, I received 4 A’s and 1 B+! I was kinda bummed about not getting the straight A’s, but I’m confident in the fact that I did my very best and worked very hard this semester, so I’m content.
3) I’ve developed this new found obsession with Hiking the Y! It’s the mountain in Provo, UT in which the big white Y for BYU is posted. I love this form of exercise because it’s outdoors! Oh, and the feeling when you reach the top and are able to just sit and think on top of the city of Provo in unlike anything else. It’s an awesome hike and I invite everyone to try it. But be ready for a challenge! Gotta love it!
4) This boy and I have reached our first big milestone! I set three major milestones after he left and they include: the end of my Spring semester, the end of Summer 2012, and the start of Fall Semester. Because Spring semester just ended, we are 5 of the 11 months through, which means he’s only got 6 more months left in Ft. Lauderdale, FL until his return! He is such an awesome missionary and has touched many lives through serving the Lord and bringing the gospel into the lives of many. I couldn’t be more proud of him. For more info. on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, visit my link here, where I give you my take and where you can find additional links: https://dressed2thrill.wordpress.com/my-hope-happiness/
5) I bought my very first pair of Sperry’s! SO excited and I freakin’ LOVE them so much. I recommend them to everyone, especially for Summer! They are a new staple of mine.
That’s all for now, but I’LL BE BACK. Love you all! Thanks again so much for the constant support. You have all been a huge blessing in my life.
PS) I promise to get more consistent in my posting! With school having ended, and my only focus being work, I’ll have a lot more time on my hands to be on here. Brace yourself!